Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hi Girls!

Christine, you totally rock. Here it is: 1400 yds. swimming, 25 miles biking (10 of them along the Salzack River in Salzburg Austria!), 21 miles "running" or upright cardio exercise. 10 of these miles were on the streets of Munich, Vienna, & Salzburg AND running through airports. On our way there, our flight to Philidelphia was late and we were going to miss our connecting flight to Munich. All five of us (Me, my 2 oldest boys, my husband, and my father-in-law) had to hoof it way way way across from one end of the airport to the other. We were all running and I started to slow to a walk. Then my boy Will started yelling "Come on 'triathlon Mama!'." Well, how else could I respond besides pick up the pace? Luckily a few minutes later an elderly woman headed for the same flight comandered one of those motorized carts. I jumped on behind her and thus narowly avoided wetting my pants.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Kate you are freakin' AWESOME!! I can totally picture the airport moment...glad it wasn't me!...oh yeah...and welcome back :)